It has been a few months because the Nintendo Change final obtained a firmware replace, and 5 months because the final time a serious firmware replace was launched for the console. Many of the updates through the summer time have been small ones, the place bug fixes and stability enhancements have been the main focus.
That sample has modified tonight. Nintendo has launched a brand new Nintendo Change firmware replace. When you replace, the console needs to be at model 13.0.0. This can be a massive replace, with the principle issues being the addition of Bluetooth audio help and a few choices associated to the Change’s web connection that may be toggled. The patch notes are down beneath.
Bluetooth® audio help was added.
- Headphones, earbuds, audio system, and different audio gadgets that join with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Change household programs for audio output.
- Bluetooth microphones usually are not supported.
- As much as two appropriate wi-fi controllers will be related to the system whereas utilizing Bluetooth audio.
- Bluetooth audio can’t be used whereas native wi-fi communication is energetic.
- Relying on the Bluetooth audio machine, there could also be some audio delay.
- For extra data, see The way to Pair and Handle Bluetooth Audio Units.
“Replace Dock” was added beneath System in System Settings for Nintendo Change and Nintendo Change – OLED Mannequin programs, permitting for software program updates to Nintendo Change docks with a LAN port.
- Dock software program updates usually are not obtainable for Nintendo Change docks with no LAN port.
- This characteristic was not added to Nintendo Change Lite.
- For extra data, see The way to Replace the Dock Firmware.
“Preserve Web Connection in Sleep Mode” was added beneath Sleep Mode in System Settings.
- When this setting is enabled, programs with wired web connections will keep web connection even whereas in sleep mode. This permits for software program and add-on content material to obtain to the system whereas the system is in sleep mode.
- The setting is enabled by default.
- When this setting is disabled, the system will connect with the web solely periodically, which decreases energy consumption and delays downloads whereas in sleep mode.
Word: Techniques that aren’t up to date to model 13.0.0 or later behave as if this setting is enabled.
The tactic to provoke “Calibrate Management Sticks” in System Settings was modified.
- From System Settings, go to Controllers and Sensors, choose Calibrate Management Sticks, then absolutely tilt the management stick in anybody course and maintain it tilted for a couple of seconds to start calibration.
Customers can now view whether or not their wi-fi web connection is utilizing the two.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band beneath “Connection Standing” after deciding on Web in System Settings.